Antique Safes/How can i get my Herrigton Hall Marving Safe open

Question
safe
safe  

safe
safe  
i Acquired this safe early last summer from a guy scaping metal and i saw this safe on his trailer and i bought it from him for $50.00. The handle on the safe is missing and the dial looks like it has been beaten with a sledge hammer. the paint is in rough shape it was very muddy and i washed it very lightly trying not the damage the paint anymore it obviously had multiple layers of paint. the undermost layer that i can tell is Herrington Hall Marvin Safe Co. Hamilton Ohio above the lock and below if says Dameron Pierson Co. New Orleans. How can i find out more about this safe and most important. How can i get into the safe?????

Answer
Brady, other than the safe is around 100 years old and was sold as a fire safe, there isn't much to tell.  Herring Hall Marvin was a big time company and there are lots of safes like that still around.  And in much better condition. As far as getting it open,  this is where you call in a professional, but it is questionable whether that safe is worth it.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen