Antique Safes/How do I open this Yale safe ?

Question
Safe
Safe  
I just moved in with my family to this home and the landlord showed us this safe that no one has opened since the first owners built this place. I wanted to know more information on this type of safe and how I can open it. The safe also has engraved info that I think may help open it but I'm not sure what any of it mean, I can send those over to you through email.

Answer
Hi Elfego,

I'm not sure who made this safe, but it wasn't Yale - they were ONLY the lock manufacturer.

First question - do you have the combination for the safe???    If not then you only have two choices, 1.  dial all of the 1,000,000 possible combinations available for this lock, or 2.  contact a local safe company to have them open it for you.

The dialing sequence for the lock on this safe is probably going to be:

4 times right to the first number,
3 times left to the second number,
2 times right to the third number,
1 time left slowly until the dial stops - should be around 10.

Note:   Left is counter clockwise, right is clockwise.   Do not count the revolutions of the dial count the individual number as it arrives at the 12 o'clock index mark.

I would be happy to take a better look at the safe and the info that you have to see what other info I can give you.   Please take some good quality photos and send them to me at:

andy@securitysafeusa.com

Hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)