Antique Safes/Cary safe co vault door

Question
Vault door
Vault door  
Sadly this door was stolen so we only have one photo of it. The photo is of decent quality and contains the name of the agents who sold it. It was located in a 1900 bank in Michigan. Any information about its age and use would be appreciated. And we need a approx value to tell the police. Sadly we do not have insurance.

I know the information is limited but please tell me what you can

Answer
John, these fancy thin burglary doors were popular in the late 1800 - very early 1900's.  Several makers offered them and at this point, most have disappeared.  They were offered with different styles of impressive cast iron jamb trim, which dressed up the thin, unimpressive doors. I imagine that complete with the door, the resale value would be $3000-5000, maybe more.  Although in this case the jamb has value in itself, the loss of the door equals the loss of the burglary resistance of the vault room.  Obviously you can't just go out and buy a replacement.  A custom door of equal quality could be made by a safe company, and would cost at least $5,000.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen