Antique Safes/Cast iron safe

Cast iron safe
Cast iron safe  
I have had this safe for approximately 8 years. It came from a very old building. I am unsure of the weight as, but it takes two people to lift. I can find no stamps to say who it was manufactured by, but it does have what looks like a clover stamped into the design. I also have an ornate key which goes with it. I can provide more accurate dimensions, but to give you an idea of the size a plastic A4 wallet fits inside it. I wondered if you may be able to provide a valuation or any information on it if I provide more photos and accurate dimensions?

This is more ornate than many, but it seems that the majority of them were made by Carron. Other companies often put their own locks on, but these solid simple plate safes (ie they had no fireproofing fill)were made from Georgian times up to the second world war.
Sporting this decoration, I would guess 1880. There is an extremely small market for these safes which do not really have collectors value nor an insurance rating...essentially whatever you can getbut probably in the range of 50-100

Antique Safes

Tom Gordon

UK lock, physical security and safes with worldclass collections of safe plaques and Chatwood items. I do NOT have expert knowledge of American safes.

25 years as a master locksmith, giving training around the UK and Eire to ALOI and MLA members.

In the eighties and nineties I took every course that I could in the UK and the USA at ALOA

Locksmith of The Year 2010 Locks & Security Monthly (UK)