Antique Safes/MeilinkSafe

Question
Meilink Safe
Meilink Safe  
Meilink Safe Plate
Meilink Safe Plate  
QUESTION: I need to have this safe moved but everyone I call asks the weight. How do I know how much this weighs based on the plate. Thank you for the help.

ANSWER: Hi Marco,

the serial number plate is only that.

you would need to contact the manufacturer to get info based on the serial number.

Based on the photo of your safe,  I would estimate the weight between 350 to 500 lbs.

Unfortunately that's about as close as I can estimate with the info available at this point.

Safe
Safe  
QUESTION: Thank you I appreciate the info. Here are a couple of more pics to help if possible.

Answer
Hi Marco,

It appears a little taller than I imagined, based on the first photos.  If so it will be a little heavier.

Figure (about)

3 feet tall - in the 350 to 500 lb range
4 feet tall - in the 500 to 750 lb range
5 feet tall - in the 750 to 1000 lb range.

That will give you some basic numbers to work with.    You can kind of fudge some numbers if the height is an in between range, like 4.5 feet tall might be around 600 to 850 lbs or there about.

It's ALWAYS better to plan heavier than lighter.    If you make a mistake and guess light, if the safe slips it can injure you or someone else - REALLY quickly - especially the higher the weight gets.   over 500 lbs can kill you just as fast as it can injure.

Plan accordingly and make ALL moving arrangements BEFORE making a move.    Remember that when it comes to weight - GRAVITY is NOT your friend!!!!  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)