Antique Safes/Milners antique safe

Question
Milner safe
Milner safe  

Open safe
Open safe  
We have had this safe in our family 90-100 years. We are intersted in finding out the value of it and any history you can gather from the picture. On the key it says  E 279, Milners Liverpool and London. If it is of value do you know who might be intersted in buying it.     Thanks

Answer
These fire chests were designed more to protect against fire than theft but were a very popular product. Yours is in nice condition but there is very little market for them and quite a few survived in good condition from around 1850.
It is not really a collectors item and is not a security item.
Someone will buy it if you advertise it widely enough but I dont know who

Antique Safes

Tom Gordon