Antique Safes/Samuel Withers safe.

Question
Sam With Safe
Sam With Safe  
QUESTION: Mike I have a question.
A Samuel Withers Safe. It has the usual internal slide in/out draw, with the drop in type chrome plated lock.
Do you know of anyway of sourcing a replacement lock? Searched down just about every avenue I can think of.
Are there any specialist old part suppliers in the UK? Europe?

Regards and thanks in anticipation.
Dave.

ANSWER: Hello Dave,
Thanks for your question and the picture of your Sam Withers safe.  It looks like a pretty standard 1930's 12 corner bent safe.  I take it that the safe is unlocked, in which case any reasonable Master Locksmith should be able to source and fix a replacement lock.  Go to www.locksmiths.co.uk, enter your postcode and select 'safe services' from the drop down menu.  I think there's one in Swansea and another in Sketty and possibly a third in Skewen.  If you have a problem, please come back to me.

If you found this answer useful, please take a moment to rate it.

Reegards,

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy

QUESTION: Mike,many thanks for answer. However the safe is open, main lock is working fine,its the internal sliding drawer lock thats missing. Looking for a source of supply.
thanks
Dave.

Answer
Hi Dave,

A dealer in used safes usually has a stock of bits and pieces.  If you have tried your local locksmiths to no avail, send the picture of your safe to chris@atozsafes.com, he may have one he could supply.  It sounds like they are fairly straightforward to fit.

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer