Antique Safes/victor safe co. wheel safe

My grandma had a old victor safe with the 1904 purchase sticker has been in the family for years and it has stopped opening we have the code but it doesn't open could it be fixed with out a drill or do you have any other advise we have done the 4r 3l etc...

Tamar, possibles are 1. wear has shifted the numbers slightly off. 2.  Dialing too fast  3. Major malfunction  The first 2 possibles you can try but for the third, get professional help.  Drilling is not always necessary and done properly, does not ruin the safe.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place