Antique Safes/antique Fichet Safe

Question
Do you know the opening procedure for a Fichet safe that uses a key to operate the combination? The key has a dot #s 1 2 &3 on the barrel at 90 degree intervals. It has another key hole above the combination hole. This one fells like it retracts a separate latch. The safe is wood covered with the key holes hidden behind s piece of trim on the door.

Answer
Hello Morris,

Thank you for your question.  It sounds like your safe is locked out so I think you need someone to call and assist you with the operation of this lock.  I suggest you locate your nearest ALOA member (Associated Locksmiths of America).

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer