Antique Safes/Lock part needed York safe and lock company

Question
lock 1
lock 1  

lock 1
lock 1  
Hello,
I have a York safe and Lock vault door with a missing nose assembly.
Im looking for a replacement part so to make the lock work.
I have a picture of the part Im looking for but its for a lock that works opposite way.
picture 1 is of the lock that works and has all parts. works left
picture 2 is of the lock missing the Nose piece.

Please see the pictures.
Thanks for your help.

Mike

Answer
Mike, the missing parts are the roller (revolving) bolt and the fence/lever.  The bad news is your Sargent and Greenleaf 68xx series lock is a left hand model which is nowhere near as common as the right hand version.  To add insult to injury, there were both 3 wheel and 4 wheel versions. And the crowning blow, there were slight but significant size changes of the cast iron post the roller rides on, over the many years that lock was manufactured.  So the likelyhood of finding parts is rather slim. I can make the parts but definitely not cheap.  The other alternative is to install a different lock  Also not cheap.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen