Antique Safes/Victor safe

Question
Moments
Moments  

Moments
Moments  
Customer call me with this safe. However I am not having any luck finding the proper drill point to open it. I
Typically I drill at 85. This one seems different. I notice a gear wheel inside. It looks like this on was one that Yale made for Carey. I am Pope Locksmith in shreveport louisiana and have a louisiana license F1103.  If you could help I would be greatfull.

Answer
Hi Jack,

Disclaimer:    We do not give out any information concerning drilling or opening safes other than the dialing sequence which may be appropriate for the lock which should be installed on the safe in question, for obvious security and liability reasons.

As this is an OPEN forum we have no control over who reads the posts, and/or how they use the information.    

The three locks made by Yale, used on CARY safes, were the 062-1/2, the Y-6 and the M-16.   The lock on this safe is none of these, in fact more than likely it is a Yale OC-9 series lock, with three wheels, a front mounted, gear driven driver wheel, & friction fence.

Your drill point should be good, but you will need a good scope to see the wheels to decode the combination and/or open the lock.    In fact you should be looking at the drop in area, if you are looking down.

You are on the right track, and shouldn't need any further help - and NO additional holes.

The dialing sequence for this lock is:

4 times right to the first number,
3 times left to the second number,
2 times right to the third number,
1 time left until the dial stops - should be around 10.

Good luck with the lock.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)