Antique Safes/Mosler safe

Question
Front of safe
Front of safe  

Inside view of safe
Inside view of safe  
Hi Doug,
I have inherited a Mosler safe that my father purchased from a shop in Silverton, Colorado around 1960. I am hoping to sell the safe and have been looking for information on its value and hopefully some history about it and where to post it for possible buyers. Looking at other comments about the Mosler serial number on the handle,#263040, I am guessing around 1915 for a production date? The safe is functional, in great shape, nice interior with multiple metal doors and rolls nicely on its large wheels. Thank you!!

Answer
Joanna, ebay and craigslist seem to be the avenues for selling things these days.  Certainly a well made fire safe but not old or rare enough to be highly sought after.  Designed as a small business safe against fire and amateur burglary, it would make a nice home safe.  I think somewhere in the $400-500 range would be a fair price.  Good for another 100 years.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen