Antique Safes/how to open an railway express agency safe

Question
I have the combonation to a safe that I bought several years
Back but the combination involves numbers and letters
I am not sure how to enter the numbers and letters into the safe

Answer
Hi Adrian,

As you haven't provided me with any useful info, I can't help you.    There is no such thing as a "Railway Express Agency" safe.     The Railway Express Agency didn't come about until about 1929.    When they began acquiring safes, they simply took what ever was on site already or they purchased used safes from local distributors.    They put their name on them as a form of ownership, however the safes WERE NOT built for them, and having the name does NOT give it any historical significance.

So the first item of business, is to ACTUALLY ID what you might have, and/or what lock is installed.    This will give us a reference to coming up with a possible dialing sequence.

Second item of business, would be for YOU to provide me with the combination that you have, exactly as written, so that I can try to figure out how to actually apply it and/or decode it for you.

Once we have established WHAT you have, and/or how the combination sequence should be applied, THEN I can probably assist you.

If you would like me to look at your safe, I would be happy to, but I will need pictures of the entire safe, and close ups of the dial and handle, and/or any other identifying items or logo's on the safe.

You can send the pics to me at:      andy@securitysafeusa.com

Once I get a chance to see the safe and the dial, AND your combination, I can possibly come up with a dialing sequence for you.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)