Antique Safes/replace old lock mechanism

Question
safe photo
safe photo  
the spin mechanism would jam before getting to last digit. It stayed that way for over  50 attempts. finally it worked, want to replace it.
even when it worked it would hit a tight spot right before last digit.
can you match this up for replacement, let me know how I can help you identify what you need.
see attached

Answer
Hi Stan,

Your safe was made between 1896 and 1920, so you potentially have an antique safe.   Second item is that replacement locks haven't been available since at least the 1920's.

So potentially by "upgrading" your safe to a new lock, you are losing value - NOT increasing it.

Chances are your lock does NOT need a replacement, it needs service, by someone who knows mechanical safe locks - WELL!

Before you start going down a road which you may not need, AND spending money for a potentially VERY expensive replacement lock - if you can even find one - and which you may not need.

Have it checked out.

Look for a local safe company in your area in the yellow pages under "safes & vaults".   If you don't find one, let me know where you are located (zip code) and I'll see if  know of/or can recommend anyone.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)