Antique Safes/Antique Mosler Safe from Church

Question
Mosler Church safe 1
Mosler Church safe 1  

Mosler Church safe 2
Mosler Church safe 2  
A colleague of mine recently inherited an old church structure and found this "Mosler" safe in the basement. He asked me to see if it's worth anything? I think it's old, but it was hard to get access to it.  Renovations were done around the safe, making it largely inaccessible. It is tucked into the bottom of the rectory stairwell.

Based on these very preliminary pics, would you be able to say whether it be worth getting appraised? Or should we scrap it?

Thanks for any advice you can offer us!

-B

Answer
Basim, although it appears to still have a pretty nice paint job, the safe is not worth a whole lot.  Scrap yards typically will not take fire safes as they are mostly insulation.  You have to compare the costs of removing it against what you may get for it.  Someone wanting an old fashioned safe might pay $1,000 or more for it. Get a price on removal and go from there.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen