Antique Safes/Jon eep and Sons Milners Safe

Question
Milners1
Milners1  

Milners2
Milners2  
Hi Tom,

I was referred to you by Doug MacQueen on this site. I have a John Keep and Sons safe made by Milners London in Liverpool.  I have the original handle but it s been broken off and I m trying to locate a replacement.  Would you be able to guide me as to where I could locate one? I m in Queensland, Australia.

Thanks,

Chris

Answer
There will be many different back ends to the handle and I strongly suggest that you use the original part still in the safe and do whatever is necessary to fit a new brass front to the existing steel bit. I am afraid that I cant really make out much from the picture and wonder whether it has already had bits replaced in the past. If I have much better pictures of the handle stub AND you are lucky I may be able to find something that can be machined to fit
Regards

Antique Safes

Tom Gordon