Antique Safes/Yale combination lock fire rated safe/cabinet?

Question
Safe
Safe  

Safe
Safe  
Hi Doug, you came recommended from Matt. I acquired a free 5ft tall safe/cabinet. I can not locate any makers marks or identifying factors and am hoping you may be able to offer some info. The shelves are not original. The combo lock is a Yale 3 number combination with brass wheels. The turn handle that unlatches the door works a bar that slides to right which triggers the three rectangular bolts. This is all new to me so my terminology may not be right on some of this. Would you happen to know what I have? A name? An era? The inside is all wood. I will try to attach a pic or two. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Al, the flat bolts are the most distinctive feature on that safe.  Virtually all U.S. makers used round bolts during the period of the 1890's up into the 1920's.  Not many safe companies survived into the 1930's. Those dates are based on the type of Yale lock in your safe.  Yale supplied to many companies, with some locks being maker specific.  Also there were several makers with those style hinges.  I seem to remember running across a safe with flat bolts like yours but I can't locate any pictures so far.  Also there are still some unknown makers that are still turning up from that period.  Sorry I can't help you further.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen