Antique Safes/Bulldog Safe

Question
Bulldog
Bulldog  

Plate
Plate  
G'day , I have purchased a old safe to recondition , the brass plate on front door States -Fire, burglar, BULLDOG, & explosive resisting!
The safe is 620 mm wide, 610mm deep and around 770mm tall. Original paint was green!!!! I think.
I cannot find any info on this safe , where it was made, the age, the company who manufactured this safe?
Would you be able to assist me?

Answer
Bob, it certainly looks like a safe made in England, however I am not familiar enough with them to identify the maker.  The nameplate is stating "fire, burglar and explosive resistant" with the tenacity of an English Bulldog.  I would check with expert Tom Gordon, as he is very knowledgeable on a huge number of nameplates.  Possibly he knows something of this company or can ID the maker.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen