Antique Safes/Bulldog Safe

G'day , I have purchased a old safe to recondition , the brass plate on front door States -Fire, burglar, BULLDOG, & explosive resisting!
The safe is 620 mm wide, 610mm deep and around 770mm tall. Original paint was green!!!! I think.
I cannot find any info on this safe , where it was made, the age, the company who manufactured this safe?
Would you be able to assist me?

Bob, it certainly looks like a safe made in England, however I am not familiar enough with them to identify the maker.  The nameplate is stating "fire, burglar and explosive resistant" with the tenacity of an English Bulldog.  I would check with expert Tom Gordon, as he is very knowledgeable on a huge number of nameplates.  Possibly he knows something of this company or can ID the maker.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place