Antique Safes/Date and original colours of Hercules Safe

Question
QUESTION: Hi Tom,

Doug thought that you may be able to help.

I have just acquired an antique safe and the name plate says "The Hercules Manufacturing Co", that I am assuming is from the late 18090's - early 1900's. I was originally wanting to just restore the exterior paint work and have it as a decorative item in my house, but before I touch it, I wanted to make sure that the paint on it now isn't original. I have searched for a few days to try and find out the year of manufacture (approx), and what the original colours would have been. I have had no success with finding anything that has this style of handle with a key lock. Any assistance with year of manufacture, and the manufacturer themselves would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies for the quality of the photo's, but that was the best i could do.

Tim.

ANSWER: I am sorry but I can't see the pictures

Safe 2
Safe 2  

Safe 3
Safe 3  
QUESTION: My sincerest apologies. Please see images attached.

Answer
The escutcheon iappears to be a copy of a Ratner one, although the safe may have been made by Ratner.
The external paint appears original although the internal blue may possibly not be.
The age is about right
The name Hercules is not one that I know of, but I am guessing that this was rebadged by a local retailer who imported it from Britain.

Antique Safes

Tom Gordon