Antique Safes/Identify old safe

Question
Safe 1
Safe 1  

Safe 2
Safe 2  
I have this old safe the dial says sargent and greenleaf lock co   Do you recognize and have any info on its value?

Answer
Hi Brandon,

follow up to my original posting.

I received the other photos you sent to my email.    They did confirm my first thoughts as to the manufacturer, the confusing part was the dial, which is NOT original to the safe.    The manufacturer is  The Cary Safe Company, Buffalo, NY.    The dial should have the patent dates for the Cary C-5 lock which is installed.    Date of manufacturer of the Jewelers Chest is going to be early 1900's, possibly around 1906, based on the lock serial number and type of lock.

Hope this helps,

Andy

Hi Brandon,

This is NOT a safe, it is a Jewelers Chest, and was originally built into (inside) of another safe.    It was not designed to be used as a "stand alone" container.

As far as the manufacturer, generally the identifying information would be on the Main or outer safe.    I'm still looking through photos trying to match it to a manufacturer, however it doesn't match the companies I would expect on first glance.

As for as value, I will need photos of the inside as well - bolt work and lock.    If the container were still inside of the original (mother) safe, it would "add" to the overall value.   As it has been removed this decreases the value.
There are a few people who might still be interested in collecting the chest - only, though.

Is the safe locked up, or are you able to open it to get interior photos for me???  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)