Antique Safes/Schwab Postal safe

Question
I purchased a Schwab safe manufactured in 1961 with an East safe combo lock, from the postal service last year. I have the numerical combination but do not have the dial rotation (r-l-r)sequence. I am hoping that this is a standard. Can you please advise?

Answer
Ed, never heard of "East", but virtually all the better U.S. made safe locks since 1960 make the last turn to the right where the dial comes to a full stop.  Usually this stopping point is not included in the written comb.   So if you have 3 numbers, it should be 4L-3R-2L-1R stop.  If you have 4 numbers then 5R-4L-3R-2L-1R to stop.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen