Antique Safes/Schwab Postal safe

I purchased a Schwab safe manufactured in 1961 with an East safe combo lock, from the postal service last year. I have the numerical combination but do not have the dial rotation (r-l-r)sequence. I am hoping that this is a standard. Can you please advise?

Ed, never heard of "East", but virtually all the better U.S. made safe locks since 1960 make the last turn to the right where the dial comes to a full stop.  Usually this stopping point is not included in the written comb.   So if you have 3 numbers, it should be 4L-3R-2L-1R stop.  If you have 4 numbers then 5R-4L-3R-2L-1R to stop.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place