Antique Safes/Antique York Safe & Lock Co. Safe

Question
Andy, I have an old (pre WWII)safe.  It is lettered on the door, "York Safe & Lock" (1st line), "York PA" (second line) "sold by" (3rd line), "Fairbanks, Morse & Co."(4th line), "Spokane Wash".  It measures 26.25" deep, 26" wide and 39" high, including the height of the 5" cast iron 4 spoke wheels.  It is a combination safe, with a lever latch handle.  I inherited the safe from my father in 1991.  He in turn got it from a neighbor in 1970.  I remember the neighbor saying it was from an old grocery store, possibly a "Safeway Grocer".  I have no other provenance on the safe, nor do I have a combination.  My question is there any way to "roughly determine it's age, and who was "Fairbanks, Morse and Company of Spokane?  Finally, is it worth me keeping it from the scrap man as scrap iron? A local locksmith had interest once, but that was 15 or more years ago.  I'd appreciate anything you might be able to tell me...Scott.

Answer
Hi Scott,

I'm on vacation this week and will return next week, but I would be more than happy to look at your safe.

To answer, any questions I'll need to see photos of your safe .  You can send them directly to my email at andy@securitysafeusa.com
any items you have specific questions about,  please send me a picture of the items.

if I need  more details I'll request specific photos.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)