Antique Safes/Halls safe and lock safe

Question
I have a halls safe and lock safe and I know the combination had been changes to just one number which I cannot remember what the number is. How can I go about finding it?

Answer
Katie, I am sure that you had the combination set to one number to make it easy to open, and to remember as well.  In most cases setting to one number is risky business.  You have now forgotten that one number.  I highly recommend you hire a safe technician to come out to open your safe.  This should not be expensive given the situation.  Once open, have your combination set to a more proper one for security. Then go about deciding on a reliable method of storing the directions and numbers.  The technician should be able to help you with this.  Doug      .  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen