Antique Safes/Herring Hall Marvin safe

Question
Front
Front  

Inside
Inside  
Hello, I a have an antique Herring Hall Marvin safe that I am trying to find information on. I've found a couple safes online that look similar, but not the exact model. I am looking for any information you can provide, specifically the year, any history, and any value it might have. Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Answer
Joe, I am lucky to get the decade in which a safe was made. Check out another posting that should show up right close to yours, about another old HHM safe.  It's from the same era 1890's up to the 1920's.  HHM made a lot of different safes, big and small, double and single door, burglary and fire safes.  The vast majority of the pre- 1920's models, like yours, were sold as business safes for fire and burglary protection.  Because they were built to last, there are a great many still around.  The need for safes of this type has reduced considerably, and so has the value.  Here in Cleveland you'd do well to get $300-400 for it.   Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen