Antique Safes/Cary safe

I just bought A Cary safe and would like more information on it and need a few lock parts for it , the back plates are missing on the turn dial , and the rods and handle are missing on an interior door , any information would be helpful thanks

Andy,  i have only worked on 2 Cary safes in the last 30 years.  Based on that, Cary was not sold much around Cleveland and I don't know of anyone with any Cary parts around here.  They were out of Buffalo, so you might try contacting locksmiths and safe companies there or other New York cities like Rochester and Syracuse.  Sorry can't help on that.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place