Antique Safes/Mosler model 13

Question
Safe
Safe  
Mosler safe model 13. serial # 24233-30.  I was looking for the weight and age.  Looking at having this safe moved to my home and using as a gun safe.  What sort of value would this safe have?  Seems to function ok.  Can a local lock smith change the combination?  Thanks for what you do here.  It's a great help.  I do have a couple of pictures if that will help.

Robert

Answer
Robert, it looks like something from the 1960's or thereabouts.  it isn't that long ago when that safe would sell for $2,000 used.  Determining weight would require more info like dimensions and fire rating.  But from just what I see here I would guesstimate it about 3,000 lbs.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen