Antique Safes/old carters safe

Question
safe carters
safe carters  
Hello
Could you tell me how old this safe would be? and if it has any value? plus are there any pictures of how the front should look like?
Regards Wim

Answer
Hello Wim,

Thank you for your question.  This safe was manufactured circa 1860 in the late Victorian era, so it is at least 150 years old. Obviously it offers no protection against modern attack tools so it has no value as a safe other than decorative.  I have no idea of values in New Zealand but here in the UK these old safes are difficult to sell as they have no function.  The best way to get an idea of values is to check out ebay.  Ignore the buy now prices as they always ask too much and seldom sell.  I have no pictures of this safe - Carters were just one of scores of small safe makers that existed 150 years ago.

If this information was useful, please take a moment to rate it.

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy  

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer