Antique Safes/Hercules safe

Question
Photo safe
Photo safe  
I have had this safe in storage for mire than 20 years.  I cannot locate the conbination and cannot get it open.  Can you help me.

Answer
Hi Sylvia,

This containers were basically just inexpensive document storage boxes, providing excellent fire resistance, but little burglary protection.

The manufacturer of your container was the Meilink Safe Company.   While this company no longer exists as a separate entity the company that acquired them is still around, though they may no longer have records for older containers like yours.

Basically you have three options to try to obtain a working combination -

1.  Contact the current logo owner - FireKing International to see if they have any records for your container.    You WILL need the serial number of the container.   If you don't have a serial number they can't help.

http://www.fireking.com/meilink-safes
1-800-457-2424    customer service.

2.   If they can't help you then your next option would be to test dial all the possible combinations for your container.    With about 125,000 possible test combo's it shouldn't take more than a couple months, testing 500 every day, to run them all!

3.   Contact a local safe company to have their trained safe tech open the container and recover the combination for you.   Cost is possibly going to be more than the container is worth though!

Sorry I can't be of more help to you but this will at least get you started and does provide options.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)