Antique Safes/shaw walker one hour fire safe

Question
I also have a one hour shaw walker fire safe filing cabinet. I do not have the key, but the cabinet is not locked. I am asking how to remove this lock and replace it. I believe the number on the lock is B7S40. The interior parts have been destroyed by previous owner. I have located the small slot on the side of the interior wall, but can not get the lock out. Any help on how to remove this lock is appreciated.

Answer
Hi Charles,

Generally the lock is held in by the small spring loaded locking bolt.    There may be a rod or extension on the back of the key lock that has to be removed and then the spring loaded locking bolt has to be depressed to remove/pull the lock out.

If you don't have a key to the lock and if you can't access the bolt from the back side, then it will have to be picked to retract it.

hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)