Antique Safes/antique safe maker

Question
Hi Andy... contacted you afew days ago and am sending a link to pics in photo bucket of my safe... these were taken with a better camera and should show detail you need...

http://s896.photobucket.com/user/jniolon/library/safe?sort=3&page=1  

safe is 20-3/16" wide...24-1/2" wide...22-3/16" deep with a 1-3/4" band around sides and top at front and back.. wheels are 4"  current lock is a Sargent-Greenleaf and the handle has the bar that passes through the ball.

inside at one time had a 6" x 6" metal box with a flat keyed lock... it was laying loose in the safe when I got it...

I can find no numbers or plates on the safe sides... but haven't looked on the bottom... it's a little heavy to turn over !

I can find no numbers or plates on the safe sides... but there is a faint number on the bolt handle  2 ? 1 2   maybe 2 4 1 2 ???   looked on the bottom with a mirror and only saw rust and spider eggs

If I need to emaiil these pics directly to you let me know

thanks in advance for your help
john

Answer
Hi John,

Your safe was manufactured by the "J. Baum Safe & Lock Company" some time between 1910-1920ish.  The lock that is on the safe was replaced at some point.    Someone drilled the safe, possibly to open it up, and damaged or destroyed the original lock.    No parts are available for their locks.

What other questions do you have???

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)