Antique Safes/antique vault in my house

Question
Vault door
Vault door  
I recently purchased an older home, built in 1922.  It has a walk-in vault but the door was painted over and the previous owners don't have any photos of the door before it was painted.  I cannot find a company name.  I wish to have the door lettered like a vintage vault door would have looked at the time.  Either the safe was built in at the time the house was built or might have been added in the 1940s.  Any suggestions where I can find images of the lettering?  Any idea of the manufacturer of this vault?  It has a double set of doors, the outside door and about 12 inches further in, a heavy set of double doors.  This vault is in working condition, had combination changed (former owners lost the combo but the vault was open!).  Any information you have would be happily accepted.

Answer
HI Karen,

First couple of notes - if the door isn't over 100 years old  it isn't antique.  Second item if it wasn't harvested from a grape field or bottled as a wine then it has no "vintage"!   This is possibly the second most misusd, abused word when describing "old" stuff!   The other being "patina".

Fortunately your door does appear to be older and possibly antique, however we will need to actually ID the door and a possible time frame that it may have been made.

I'll need a full set of photos of the door,  inside and out,  with closeups of the dial, handle,  hinges, bolt work and lock to determine what you have.

Send the photos directly to me at andy@securitysafeusa.com

I'll see what I can do to help you out.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)