Antique Safes/Safe year was built

Question
i was given a Safe from The Safe Cabinet Company of Marietta, Ohio, USA.
I was just wondering if i can fine the date it was built?
   Serial Number- 747757

Patents;  809497,993627,1054325,1252790,1325624,993483,1038038,1249604,1249838,1329511
        Thank You
       Dave Amberik  

Answer
Hi Dave,

Sorry there are no records to indicate when your safe was built, however this company began in 1904, manufacturing safes until 1925-26 when it was acquired by Rand-Kardex, and the brand was changed to "Safe Cabinet Laboratories".
Between 1904-1909 the safes also included the name of the founder "Willis V. Dick".    These safes were considered "novelty" safes at the time, and were introduced as fire resistant office cabinets.   The Safe Cabinet Company was the FIRST company to apply for and receive certification by UNDERWRITERS LABORATORIES as a fire resistive container, under new testing guidelines in 1913.

The latest patents in your listing was assigned in December 1919, so we know that your safe could NOT have been built prior to the patent assignment date.

Unfortunately without more info about your safe the best I can narrow a "date" for your safe, down to, would be between 1920-1926.

The safe is not antique nor is it considered a collectible.    As this company was known to use asbestos as an insulation media, it also has extremely limited value.    It doesn't meet any current standards for fire resistance and it is not a burglary resistive container.

Hopefully this answers some of your questions.   If you have more concerning the container I would be more than happy to try to answer them, however I may need photos of the safe.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)