Antique Safes/Cisco Protector Model 1070 Safe

Question
Dear Andy! How do I replace the battery? Where is it on the safe? What kind of battery is best? Thanks you in advance for your help. Hans

Answer
Hi Hans,

If the key pad does not have a battery compartment, then the batteries would be located inside the safe.

Generally Sisco provides a set of override keys.    If the batteries are inside the safe, then you will need the keys to open the safe to change them out.

If you don't have the keys, and the batteries are not located in a compartment next to the key pad, and you can't get it open, then you will need a safe tech from a local company to open the safe for you.

As this unit is "obsolete", repair parts are no longer available for them.   Any damage done while opening the safe may mean that it would have to be replaced.

Sorry, I wish the news was better.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)