Antique Safes/Locked Safe

Question
Andy,

One of my employees inadvertently locked the walk-in safe in my office.  The door measures 30 1/2 inches by 79 inches.

My office is in the Madison County Courthouse which was completed in 1914.  There are 5 such safes in various offices in the Courthouse and mine was the only one without a known combination.

Engraved on the combination knob is Herring-Hall-Marvin Safe Co., Hamilton O.

Help!!!! I need to get it open.

Thanks,

Tim

Answer
Tim

I've a got several options for you - some that I like better than others.

1.   Fly me to Florida to open the safe for you.    We will make quick work of it, but it will cost you an arm, a leg and two small children!

2.   You can test dial the 1,000,000 possible combinations that the lock on the safe has available.    Testing 500 each day, will only take about 5.5 years to test them all.

3.   You can contact a local safe company to have them open the safe up.

The closest company that I know of and/or would recommend would be:

Belden's Safe & Lock, Inc.
904-396-2022          Michael Belden
PO BOX 47396
Jacksonville, FL   32247

There may be some closer companies but none that I personally know or would recommend.

We've known Michael for a number of years and use him for much of our national account work in that area.

You can contact him to discuss the project and/or to see if there is anyone closer that he knows or would recommend.

Hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)