Antique Safes/Takeuchi co safe

Question
safe front
safe front  

safe plate
safe plate  
Hi Tom,
im a locksmith in NZ and removed this safe from a customers house for them when we fitted a new one.
im just after some info on the manufacturer as all of my googling has come up with nothing.
the lady that had it was "older" and said it was her fathers before her, so im assuming it is quite old.
im hoping to respray it and polish up the brass for myself.
any info you may be able to provide would be great.

thanks, Sam

Answer
Obviously there are characters that are Chinese or Japanese - if you don't have anyone else you can ask, I will see a Japanese friend at the weekend and she will no doubt be able to say.
The escutcheon is either a variation on a Lips keyhole for foreign markets or a rip off by a copycat manufacturer.
I am afraid that is all I can suggest
Regards
Tom

Antique Safes

Tom Gordon