Antique Safes/Antique Hall's safe

Halls Safe
Halls Safe  

Halls Safe
Halls Safe  
Was wondering if you could help me determine how much our safe is worth and let us know what year it is?  The safe works and we have both combinations.

Julie, since it is the later Hall's Safe Co., the safe would be from the early 1900's.  Looking at it's value as either an antique collectible or as a usable safe, the heavy money chest inside is what distinguishes it from most others out there.  I think $1,000-1,500 is not unreasonable.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place