Antique Safes/cary safe 207052

Question
safe
safe  

cary safe
cary safe  
Hi terry , I have a safe from a friends estate , there is no combo available  to open it for a look ,
If I can't get it open I would need a local person to open it , I'm in the bay area  Oakland .
Do you know anyone ?  I listed the serial number  so I could reference it to known combos that could work , I don't want to drill it .I have pics  , should the 0.  On he ring be up at 12  o clock , someone taped it in place because it was loose . Thanks , john b

Answer
Hi John,

The lock on your safe (based on the serial number) should be an S&G 6720/30 series three wheel lock, with 1,000,000 possible test combinations.     I'm not sure where you came up with "known combos that might work" as there is no such thing.    Manufacturers would set the safe on a unique serial number for each safe, and/or as your safe was would have been made around 1928, over the past 90 years it could have been reset numerous times to new combinations.

As far as opening the safe without "drilling" it, manipulation is possible, though not guaranteed.    You will be paying for the service and not necessarily the result.    Drilling on the other hand is guaranteed and when done correctly by a trained safe technician will not damage the safe or ruin the lock.   The usually small hole (less than 1/4") can easily be repaired.   

Our service area is northern California, which includes Oakland, so yes we can help you.   If you would like to discuss the project feel free to email me at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com   or  call me directly at  510-732-8710 x5

Hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)