Antique Safes/Chatswood

Question
Hello

Im a locksmith working in Newcastle. I am also a member of a WMC and they've asked me to open a safe for them. Ive opened safes before with the help of my man in the safe trade but they aren't my forté. Since I've agreed to the job my safe guy has gone AWOL and I'm struggling to find any info on the safe. The safe is a "Chatswood" with the serial number "24889" and has probably been in the club since around 1900. any information you can provide for me on this safe will help me determine an opening method, or if you know one and are willing to tell me, Even better!

Regards
Ben

Answer
Although many pre1940 safes are easy to physically attack and many post 1940 safes are easily pick able, there is a high percentage chance that your Chatwood will be very difficult to open in either of those ways.
I cannot tell from that number what you have, but I would strongly recommend that you get Keith from Bradley's of Blyth or Neil from Crest safes in Sunderland to sort it for you
Regards
Tom

Antique Safes

Tom Gordon