Antique Safes/Hibbard-Rodman-Ely Safe Co.

Question
I have a size no.5 cannon ball style safe in working order, 72 hour time clock, about 2,000 lbs manganese steel,that I need to get rid of. Will sell for scrap metal as there doesn't see to be any interest in my area. Any suggestions?

Answer
Phillip, i am a little surprised you haven't had any luck selling it.  I don't know for sure but I have heard scrap yards don't take manganese steel as they can't use their mag cranes on them.  Maybe you were just asking too much or not reaching out far enough?  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen