Antique Safes/S&G Vault Hardware

Question
Vault hardware
Vault hardware  

Vault Door
Vault Door  
Hello

I am trying to replace the hardware on an old vault in a historic federal building built in 1939. The vaults had Sargent & Greenleaf hardware on them but have gone missing over the years. Would anyone happen to know where I could get the old or antique vault hardware?

I am mainly looking for the dial, ring and door handle.

Thank You

Answer
Hi Jeramie,

If you don't know the lock model, then I'll need much better photos to see what lock you had.   I'm not sure where you came up with the photo of the "Vault Hardware", or if you are just assuming that this is what your door had.

Based on the door, I'm not sure that your assumption is correct.

#1 - send me close up photos of the dial and lock areas of the door.
#2 - if there are any manufacturers names or logo's on the door, I'll need a photo of them.
#3 - I'll need mounting hole measurements - actually off the door, not for the lock you think might fit.
Center to center of the four holes and the dial/spindle hole.
#4 - I need to figure out what lock bolt you need for this door - again, I need photos of the lock mounting area AND the bolt work / handle cam interface area.

Send all of this info directly to me at:       andy@securitysafeusa.com

Once I see the requested photos and the measurements, I can start looking for a lock for you.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)