Antique Safes/Safe to open

Question
Safe
Safe  
Hello!

Im a locksmith working in England. I am also a member of a private club and they've asked me to open a safe for them. Ive opened safes before with the help of my man in the safe trade but they aren't my forté. Since I've agreed to the job my safe guy has gone AWOL and I'm struggling to find any info on the safe. The safe is a "Chatswood" with the serial number "24889" and has probably been in the club since around 1900. any information you can provide for me on this safe will help me determine an opening method, or if you know one and are willing to tell me, Even better!

Regards
Ben

Answer
Hi Ben,

My first recommendation is for you to contact two other individuals on this same site - under antique safes.

Tom Gordon and Mike Palmer are both English safe specialists.    They should be able to answer any questions you have about this safe, and more importantly, they should have a listing of any safe technicians or safe engineers in England that you can or should be in contact with to get this safe open.

Unfortunately, English safes are not one of my specialties.

Contact both Mike and Tom to see what info they can provide and/or individuals that may be able to help you.

Hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)