Antique Safes/Guardian safe

Question
We have a Guardian safe in our office that is at least 20 years, it's about 2ft6 ins high with a numbered dial in the centre of the door and a pull down handle.  The only mark on the front is Guardian Safemakers Womborne England.
We are no longer able to open the safe using the codes we've used for years and need somebody to get it open and then reset if possible.  Do you know who I can contact.

Many thanks

Answer
Hi Susan,
Thank you for your enquiry. You will need to contact a safe engineer who should be able to manipulate the combination and open it. You should change codes every 6 months. Leaving it set on the same code for long periods can cause wear and eventually lead to a lockout.
Go to www.locksmiths.co.uk to find a locksmith near you. Look for one that provides safe engineering services and ask for an estimate. They may need to know what model Guardian safe it is, so if you would like to send me a picture I can probably tell you what it is.
If you have found this answer useful, please take a moment to rate it.
Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer