Antique Safes/Strongbox Identification Help Requested

Strongbox Plate
Strongbox Plate  
Can you give me some help about where I can find some information on a strongbox that has printed on a plate inside it:

Safe Manufacturers National Association
Serial Number 4Y7929

Any direction in helping me date, etc this strongbox would be greatly appreciated.  Could it have been used in the military?

Barbara, Several makers manufactured fire resistant boxes like that over the last hundred years.  It was built more for fire protection than burglary protection.  Odds are it is over 50 years old but not 100.  It could well have been used by the military but the paint job does not guarantee that it was.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place