Antique Safes/CHUBSS SAFE

Question
serial
serial  

inside mark
inside mark  
Goodmorning from Athens
Found this safe belinging to my grandfather.Serial on lock 46708 all keys available.
Just some advise as to age and or specifications.A price indication will be highly apreciated and of course if possible the net weight of it if this is feasable.
Thank you in anticipation
Kind regards
Anthony

Answer
Hello Anthony,

Thank you for your question and the pictures of your Chubb safe.  

The serial number suggests it was manufactured between 1999 and 1903.  Obviously any safe that is over 100 years old is going to be obsolete and unable to resist modern burglary methods.

I would be able to tell you more about its type of construction, weight and value, if I could see more of it.  I  need a picture showing the entire front of the safe including the hinges and another with the door open to show the bolt-work and door thickness.  If it is easier you can send pictures directly to info@mikepalmerconsultancy.co.uk

In the meantime, you may be interested to know that Chubb's offices at 128 Queen Victoria Street London were totally destroyed by fire following a bombing raid during WW2.

Kind regards,

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy  

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer