Antique Safes/Who made my safe?

Question
Main image
Main image  

Crest
Crest  
Hi, I recently purchased a house and it included an old safe in the loft. Was wondering if you could help me identify who made it?

There appears to be no manufacturer name or number anywhere on the outside or inside. The top banner says "Fire Resisting Safe" and around the crest it says "Fire Proof and Thief Proof Safe".

Thanks for any help.

Answer
There were literally hundreds of little manufacturers turning out low quality safes in the Midlands and yours sounds like one of them. I assume there is no sign of a removed name plaque. The cavity will be filled with sawdust and alum with locks which sometimes could sink as low as a secondhand cabinet lock (although normally they were just very basic safe locks.)

Antique Safes

Tom Gordon