Antique Safes/Major Safe

Question
Hi...I am wondering value of Major safe from early 70s...
Have combination and in very good condition.
Serial A141632.  Measures about 18"x18"x18". Beige in color.
Thank you very much.

Answer
Hi Jill,

I would have to see what you actually have to evaluate and/or appraise it for you.

Based on the info that you provided it would appear that it is possibly a small personal fire resistive safe.    If so it is going to have little value.

Current brand new fire resistive safes about the same size are going for anywhere between $149 to $299 for similar size fire resistive safes.

Used safes are lucky to go for $50 to $100

Generally smaller safes like this just get past from one owner to another at no cost.

Sorry the news isn't better.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)