Antique Safes/manufacter

Question
safe tag
safe tag  
QUESTION: Hi, I hope you can help, our father left a safe, it's open and we have the combination. The problem is we do not know the manufacturer, the only markings is the tag inside the door. Just in case you can't make out the serial number from the picture, it is 4Y80591.

Thanks Joe

ANSWER: Hi Joe,

The safe looks like a fire resistive cell phone!!!!   

The "specification"  F2-ND on the SMNA label indicates that this is considered a Fire Resistive Filing Cabinet and NOT a safe.

Regardless of if it has a combination lock installed, it is still not considered a safe.

As for the manufacturer I would have to see the container.     The SMNA label is similar to having a UL (underwriters Labs) inspection label.   It has nothing to do with the safe or the manufacturer other than indicating the "standard" the container was built to comply with.

If you have other photos I would be happy to look at them.

box
box  
QUESTION: Thanks Terry, I've attached another photo, as well as the dimensions. The box is 16" long, 17.5" side and 10" high. Not sure if you can make it out from the pic, but there does appear to be an "N" inscribided on the dial. Even though it's not a safe, we would still be interested about the manufacturer and when it was made. Again Thanks

Joe

Answer
Hi Joe,

The photo really doesn't give me much to look at - and (not your fault) this site isn't really photo friendly.   Please send photos of the container directly to my email at:

andy@securitysafeusa.com

I'll need full size photos of the front, sides, interior, any tags, locks, dials handles, etc.    I need to be able to see the container as if I was in front of it with a magnifying glass.   If there is something interesting on the container that you want me to look at I'll need a photo of it as well.

The serial number that you mentioned earlier is the serial number for the tag and not the container.   As SMNA hasn't been around since the early 1960's there are also no records available to see what this tag was assigned to.

Send the photos to me and I'll see what I can come up with for you.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)