Antique Safes/Safe Identification

Question
Andy,

Thank you for the previous answer of yesterday (http://www.allexperts.com/user.cgi?m=6&catID=3774&expID=102720&qID=5028018)!

I bought a pretty rough safe I am hoping you can identify.  A few images are attached and I will follow previous guidance and send a emails directly to you with detailed photos.

The safe came with a combination, but it does not open with it! (Big Surprise!)  It appears the safe may have been drilled/damaged and the curved piece that engages with the slots in rotating wheels behind the combination knob has the wrong geometry to engage correctly and lower the part of the arm that blocks the handle from throwing the bolt.

Any information you can provide on any missing pieces to the interior lock works would be helpful.  The "arm" could be manufactured easily based on my initial observation.

I will send photos with the title "Blue safe" followed by a small descriptor.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and kind regards.  

If there is a way to donate to the allexperts forum or to assist you with your intended book please let me know.

Woody Walton

Answer
Hi Woody,

I look forward to seeing your photos.

Thank you for the offer to donate to help with the book, however the only thing I'm short of is time.   Too many projects, too much work (which I suppose isn't a bad thing as it pays the bills), too many requests by family members to help with their projects, etc. etc. etc.
Every time I get to a stopping point and/or a seemingly end - I come up with more and/or new info about someone I've already done research on or a new safe or company that I haven't researched.
I've discussed the book with a number of people who think I ought to just stop and print a first edition, and then continue researching for a second and/or third edition, however I would feel that I somehow cheated those that bought the first edition by not providing them with everything possible.    You know the Army's motto - "BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BE", well that should also apply to projects, ethics and principles as well.    
I've got a couple large research projects associated with the book that I would like to accomplish by next year which should bring me to a stopping point.    These include visiting some of the major cities that were hubs to the safe building industry, to gain some insight into the people and companies and their associations.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your photos to help you with your project.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)