Antique Safes/Alpine Safe questions

Question
Paul Harte Safe - Alpine
Paul Harte Safe - Alpi  

Paul Harte Safe - Alpine #2
Paul Harte Safe - Alpi  
Sir: I have an old safe(photos available) that was a family piece.  It came off of the Jamestown Ferry System, was owned by Captain Franklin Jester, Smithfield, Virginia.  It was most likely on the ONEITA, the OCEAN CITY or the JAMESTOWN ferries, as he was a captain on these ferries.

Once opened for display in our home, my step-son managed to close it and now i am unable to open it again (lost the combination).  Suggestions on a locksmith who can open an antique safe without destroying it would be appreciated.  In addition, suggestions on restoration, decals, date of manufacture would also be appreciated.  

Thank you.
Paul

Answer
Hi Paul,

I'm familiar with that area, I used to come to Fort Eustis when I was in the Army for training.

While there are probably a couple small companies near you, there isn't anyone that I know and/or would recommend.    Richmond is a bit further away but you might try the following company.

East Coast Safe & Lock
804-747-5228
8714 Lonepine Road
Richmond, Va.  23294

As far as restoration work, unfortunately there are only a couple companies in the entire US that do Restoration work, possibly the nearest company is in Ohio.

Hopefully this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)