Antique Safes/lost combination

Question
I regards to a Ring Hall Marvin safe, we think we have the numbers based on our research however to place the right numbers in order to unlock it, do we turn to the right for the first number twice to left  for the second number then right 3 times to open?  Thank you!

Answer
Hi Mark,

The maker is:   "Herring-Hall-Marvin Safe Company".

My first recommendation would be for you to provide me the combination that you have exactly as written so that I can see if we need to "decode" it - so to speak.    Many times people write down the combination the way that THEY understand it and NOT the way that the lock actually works.
If you aren't sure about the numbers, the question arises - where did you get the numbers???

Second item, it would be very helpful if you provided a photo of the safe so that I can see what you actually have.   As HHM was in business from 1892 until about 1959 they used a LOT of different types of locks.    Different locks dial differently, so we need to make sure WHAT lock you have to give you the right instructions.

Send photos of the safe and close up's of the handle and dial to me at:    andy@securitysafeusa.com
Once I see what you have I should be able to help out.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)